Last Updated January 27, 2020
for specific CCPA compliance.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information we automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (e.g., your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Cookies and other similar data collection technologies
Information collected from other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, affiliates, data aggregators, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include but is not limited to social media profile information (e.g., your name, email, user ID, certain demographic information, and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads, search results, and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
Please note that we are not responsible for any actions, content of websites, or privacy policies of any such third parties. Please read and understand the applicable privacy policies of third parties when providing information via such third party websites or applications.
Personally Identifiable Information you provide us
We may collect Personally Identifiable Information that you submit to us voluntarily through our Services. We collect this information when you register, create and edit a profile, send us an email, use certain features on the Services or other methods of submitting information. Personally Identifiable Information may include, without limitation:
- Name, username, password, email address, and other contact information
- Other Personally Identifiable Information you choose to provide, such as your preferences
Please be advised that you are not obligated or required to submit any Personally Identifiable Information via the Services; however, if you do not provide the requested information, you may not be able to access or use certain features and functions of our Services and we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Minerva does not knowingly obtain or store any sensitive consumer information, such as Social Security numbers and other government-issued identifiers, insurance plan numbers, financial account numbers, information that describes the precise real-time geographic location of an individual, or precise information related to health or medical conditions.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
- Generate a personal profile of you to make your next visit to our Services more personalized
- Enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes, legal and contractual reasons
- Manage your account, complete transactions and/or respond to your requests or for trouble-shooting or system administration purposes
- Address administrative needs and communications
- Deliver and improve our products and services
- Keep our Services safe and secure
- Contact you for internal business purposes
- Provide you with newsletters, surveys, promotions, and notices on changes and upgrades to our products and services
- Develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness
When you share personal information (e.g., by posting comments, contributions or other content to the Site) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Under the following scenarios, we may be required to share your Personally Identifiable Information:
- We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- If we believe it is necessary to restrict or inhibit any user from using any of our Services, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion thereof.
YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICES OR PROVIDE ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THROUGH THE SERVICES OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUBMITTING OR POSTING ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO THE SERVICES OR IN RESPONSE TO ANY EMAIL OR OTHER COMMUNICATION SENT TO YOU VIA THE SERVICES OR REGARDING THE SERVICES), UNLESS YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR INFORMATION TO BE USED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
3. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, please also note that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will take reasonable measures to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk, and we recommend you take steps to protect your information, such as updating your browser with automatic security updates enabled. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
4. PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES
We may periodically contact you using information supplied via the Site. You may opt out of receiving certain communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such emails. You may not opt out of certain communications, such as those regarding changes to our policies or changes to services you have purchased. You must unregister your account by emailing [email protected]
to discontinue these communications.
6. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
As provided by California Civil Code 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you have the right to receive information from us about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. This information will be provided free of charge once per calendar year, upon request. To request this information, please email [email protected]
with the subject line “Request for California Privacy Information.” We will respond to such written requests within 30 days following receipt at the email address stated above.
7. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION FROM MINORS
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected]
9. OPTING OUT
10. CONTACT US
You can also mail us at:
Minerva Analytics, Inc.
One Kendall Square,
Cambridge, MA 02139
617-335-3742 [email protected]